Tucker and I are always looking for things to do in DC. I don’t really know why, because there are always free festivities, sporting events, concerts, and farmers markets to go to.
As you can see above, Tucker is looking pretty cool with his bat wing ears.
Below I have compiled a list of events and food related activities occurring this weekend in DC.
Baseball Baseball Baseball
The Nationals opener was last monday and the season is in full swing, except for the fact that the nationals are 0-7.
- The Nationals are playing the the Florida Marlins all weekend. Fri @7:05pm, Sat @1:05pm and Sun @1:35pm.
- With $5 tickets, a selection of the best food around, and the largest beer selection of any ballpark I have been to, you have to go. Plus, the weather this weekend is supposed to be sunny and 70 degrees.
- Great places to eat at the Park
- Ben’s Chili Bowl (behind 3rd base concourse level) – A can’t miss in DC, if you don’t go to the park stop by their flagship store on U street.
- Five Guys Burgers (center field 2nd level) – The fries, the fries, the fries … That is all I have to say.
- Hard Times Cafe (left field concourse level) – The hot wings are awesome!
Earth Day – Noon to 6 on the 19th
Earth Day is next Wednesday April 22. However, the Earth Day festivities start this weekend on the National Mall. On Sunday April 19th, with events and concerts.
The event will feature the following artists doing free concerts on the mall: The Flaming Lips, moe., Los Lobos and Dj. Spooky.
There are also speakers and celebrities include: EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson, Chevy Chase, Matthew Modine, Representative Edward Markey, Majora Carter, Reverend Yearwood of The Hip Hop Caucus and Steve Thomas, former host of This Old House.
- Alexandria Farmers Market
301 King St. (Market Square)
Saturdays, 5-11 a.m.
- Del Ray Farmers Market
East Oxford and Mount Vernon avenues, Alexandria
Saturdays, 8 a.m.-noon
- Arlington Farmers Market
North Courthouse Road and North 14th Street (courthouse parking lot)
Saturdays, 9 a.m.-noon
- Manassas Farmers Market
Church Street, Thursdays it’s in the Harris Pavilion in Old Town Manassas; Saturdays, it’s in the parking lot behind the Harris Pavilion
Saturdays, 7 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- DC Farmers Market
1309 5th St., NE, Washington, DC
Saturday, 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Sunday, 7:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Dupont Circle FreshFarm Market
20th and Q streets NW
Sundays, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Eastern Market Outdoor Farmers Market
225 Seventh St. SE
Saturdays and Sundays, 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
I hope this gives you some ideas for the weekend.