It is Halloween weekend. I usually list the culinary events in the DC area, but we are going to go through the best Halloween events today. I love Halloween. You get to dress up as someone else and party. If you are running a little behind and need a costume idea check out the following food related costumes over at Serious Eats. I think the wheaties box and the deviled egg are the best.
Markoff’s Haunted Forest
Markoffs is Maryland’s original and greatest Halloween event. There is so much going on that you’re sure to soil yourself! Choose from 2 terrifying trails and while you wait, indulge in a dozen other spine tingling events from zip-lines to ghost hunts. The Markoffs have been freaking patrons out for the past 17 years, and every year it gets a little crazier!
Time: They open at Dusk.
Location: Calleva Farm: 19120 Martinsburg Rd. Dickerson, MD 20842
Start your Halloween celebration at the Garden. Decorate a pumpkin, attend a Monster Meal cooking demonstration, or create a Creepy Craft. Young and young-at-heart are invited to come dressed up to participate in our costume parade at noon. Prizes will be given for best plant outfit, best costume – adult, and best costume – child at noon.
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: US Botanic Gardens – 100 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20001
- Halloween Monster Jam and Halloween Monster Bash – Clarendon Ballroom – MONSTER JAM SESSION (4:00pm to 8:00pm) – MONSTER BASH (8:00pm to close) – Two parties so multiple costume contests
- Fright Night Halloween Bash – Frontpage Ballston – $300 for the best costume.
- Hot 99.5 Freek-o-Ween – Fur Nightclub – $3000 costume contest – If you have a great costume this is the place to be.
- Georgetown – The streets are littered with people in costumes. If you want to be seen this is where to go.
Tucker’s Favorite Happy Hours
- Union Pub – Allows you to relax with your pup on patio every Saturday afternoon.
- 201 Massachusetts Ave. NE, Washington, DC
- The Argonaut – Another fenced in patio that allows dogs on Saturday’s.
- 1433 H St. NE, Washington, DC
Have a safe and fun Halloween.