The other weekend Dana, Tucker and I went to Niagara Falls. It was awesome! If you go, stay on the Canadian side. Not that the American side sucks, it is not as nice. As you can see from the photo, I spotted a double rainbow. I will totally be going back as I love casinos and waterfalls. It is the best of both worlds.
- Loudon County Fair — Jul 25, 2010 9:00am – Jul 31, 2010 11:00pm
A traditional county fair featuring a demoliton derby, extreme motorcyclists, bull riding, circus thrill show and carnival rides. On Saturday they will be announcing the winner of the kiss a pig contest. Yep, the person that raises the most money gets to lock lips with a pig. Saturday also features cooking demonstrations and a donut eating contest at 2:30. Maybe I will head over there to get some donuts.
Gates open daily around 8:30 am and goes on to past 10 pm. Check the website for more information on times and events.
Loudoun County Fairgrounds
17558 Dry Mill Road
Leesburg, VA 20175
- Bethesda-Chevy Chase Restaurant Week — Jul 26, 2010 9:26am – Aug 1, 2010 10:26pmI love a good Restaurant Week. You can try out some amazing restaurants for an even more amazing price. Bethesda Chevy Chase Restaurant Week returns to offer prix fixe lunch and/or dinner menus at 31 Bethesda area restaurants. A two-course lunch is $12 or $15 and three-course dinner is $25 or $30.
- 7th Annual Asian Festival in Reston — Jul 31, 2010 10:00am – Aug 1, 2010 6:00pmAsian Festival extravaganza aims to promote diverse cultures and celebrate traditions and talents from the Asian continent. The Festival aims to bring together people from various cultural backgrounds, to promote peace, harmony and unity. Each participating country will showcase its unique music, dance, food, fashion, handicrafts and other products under the single largest structure in Northern Virginia. Features the Singha Beer garden with beer and live entertainment.
- Redbull National Wakeboarding Competition — Jul 31, 2010 3:00pm – Jul 31, 2010 4:30pm
The banks of the Potomac are about to see something special. Red Bull athletes and Professional Wakeboarders Brian Grubb, Parks Bonifay, JD Webb, and Adam Errington are taking their beloved sport to National Harbor in Washington, DC. They will fly, they will soar, they will wow the crowd with wild airs and double overhead sprays of the Potomac River.
These tremendous water athletes will be flying off of custom made features built especially for National Harbor. Towed by Red Bull Waverunners, Grub, Bonifay, Webb and Errington, along with some local wakeboarders, will put on quite a show for National Harbor visitors.
- Spike’d Sundays — Aug 1, 2010 12:01pm – Aug 1, 2010 10:00pm
Every Sunday this summer from noon to six, you can relax poolside with refreshing beverages and a perfectly grilled Spike burger. There will be a live DJ spinning the newest beats poolside. Make sure to stay till dusk as that is when Spike’d Cinema starts. They will be showing one comedy each week poolside.
Cover charge: $15, which includes a juicy, freshly grilled burger with all the toppings (cheese, tomato, lettuce, onions, etc.) plus chips and a pickle.
Food/Drink specials: Besides those Spike burgers, there’s grilled chicken and other sandwiches. Drink specials include $5 cocktails like Spike’d Lemonade (vodka, pomegranate juice, fresh lemonade) and $4 Miller Lites.