Last weekend the bar was open at the house. It has been a while and I was in the mood to make some sweet cocktails. After making the Citroen Sunset, I wanted to move to a sipping drink that had my favorite liquor in it. Bourbon! So I created a take on Bourbon Ginger and made the bitter bastard. I am a tad bit biased, especially since I love bourbon so much. So I made one for Robb and he said it was a hit. So not only is it good, it is Robb approved!
The Bitter Bastard
Fill a rocks glass with ice.
Add the Bourbon, 2 dashes of bitters and freshly squeezed lime juice. Stir.
Top off with the ginger-ale and serve with a lime or orange wedge for garnish.
This drink is excellent. It has similar notes to a bourbon ginger, but also has the added complexity that the bitters and lime juice bring to the table. It is a great sipping drink.
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1/2 oz lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 dashes bitters
- 4 oz ginger-ale
- orange or lime wedge for garnish
- Fill a rocks glass with ice.
- Add the Bourbon, 2 dashes of bitters and freshly squeezed lime juice. Stir.
- Top off with the ginger-ale and serve with a lime or orange wedge for garnish.
Share this Recipe: