Today Thermoworks is releasing the new Thermapen Mk4. This is like Christmas over here at Savory Reviews. We love our Thermapen and Thermoworks products so much. Just like most people can’t wait for the new Apple products, we can’t wait for new Thermoworks products. The new Thermapen looks like the old thermapen, but has an auto-rotating screen, back-lit display and uses a common AAA battery. No more searching for 2032 batteries. We have AAA batteries everywhere. The Thermapen Mk4 is going to be the coolest tool in my BBQ arsenal. The best thing is that it is only $99. The classic superfast thermapens are still available and have dropped in price to $79. Check out our Full Review Here!
New Thermapen Mk4 Stats…
- Patented auto-rotating display.Hold the Thermapen Mk4 in either hand or any angle and the display intuitively flips right-side up. Switch hands while cooking and read the Mk4 without cocking your head.
- Intelligent backlight. The Mk4 knows when it’s dark and runs on the backlight for you, making it easy to read at dusk or complete darkness while preserving battery life. Touch the light sensor window anytime with your finger and the display lights up to improve visibility at the back of the stove or when reaching into an oven.
- Motion-sensing sleep mode. Set your Thermapen Mk4 down during use, it shuts off and sleep mode saves battery life. Pick the Mk4 up, it comes on instantly and stays on while in your hand.
- Now Waterproof. Now waterproof to IP67.
- Battery life extended up to 3,000 hours. Depending on backlight usage, battery life has gone from 1,500 to 3,000 hours. The motion-sensing sleep mode and light-sensing backlight mean fewer battery changes. When you do change the battery, use a common AAA battery.
If you are looking for a new thermometer this is it. Check it out here.
Check our our Full Review of the Thermapen MK4 here.
In honor of the newly released Thermapen we are going to be giving away a brand new Thermoworks Timestick.
To enter, just leave a comment below telling us how you would use your timestick. Make sure to use a valid email address. The drawing is open to US residents only. The drawing is open from 12:01 AM on 9/3/15 to 11:59 PM on 9/5/15. We will randomly pick a commenter on 9/6/15.
The timestick color may vary.
Share this Recipe: