The All American Bomb Pop Cocktail is the most American and best tasting cocktail around! No Joke. If you are looking for a great cocktail for Memorial Day, Labor Day, 4th of July, this cocktail is for you. This cocktail is a little bit sweet, a little bit tart and all American! The best part is that the Bomb Pop is not only garnish, as it melts it adds flavor to the cocktail. It literally bleeds red, white and blue!
Six years ago, I wrote a post rating the best Champagne Under $15. It still is one of my most popular posts. I get a ton of comments on it six years later. It only took 6 years, but we finally lost the bitter taste in our mouths from some of these cheap champagnes and it was time to do another tasting. In fact, we decided to take it to another level…..the best Champagnes under $10. As you know, price does not always translate to quality!
Tomorrow is National Martini Day! June 19th, 2015. Yeah, I didn’t know either. So in the best interest of you guys, I wanted to give you guys the perfect martini recipe. There is nothing worse than letting National Martini Day go by without celebrating it. So since today is Thirsty Thursday, we are posting the recipe today!
I love orange juice. It is sweet and acidic and works great in cocktails. The Triple O cocktail utilizes orange bourbon, orange soda and orange juice. It is slightly sweet and super delicious! This cocktail is super infused with orange flavor.
The Triple O
Fill a rocks glass with ice.
Add 1.5 oz orange bourbon or any sort of orange flavored whiskey.
Then add 1.5 oz orange juice and 1.5 oz orange soda.
Stir and serve.
The bourbon that I used in this cocktail was made by my old neighbor Bradford. It was a orange cinnamon clove bourbon. He crafted it via a recipe from Southern Living, his utilized cinnamon instead of cranberries. It is super delicious and I hope you can try some.
- 1.5 oz Orange Bourbon
- 1.5 oz Orange Juice
- 1.5 oz Orange Soda
- Fill a rocks glass with ice.
- Add 1.5 oz orange bourbon or any sort of orange flavored whiskey.
- Then add 1.5 oz orange juice and 1.5 oz orange soda.
- Stir and serve.
Summer has finally surfaced here in Virginia. With that, comes intense heat. So I am always on the look out for a great refreshing cocktail. I was unpacking all of my liquor from our move and I found a bottle of Cointreau. Cointreau is a nice orange flavored spirit that is a kin to triple sec. I love this stuff. So I decided to create the classic cocktail “Cointreau Fizz”. It is pure Cointreau and lime.
Fill a glass with ice. Then add 1.5 oz of Cointreau, the juice of half a lime and top with seltzer.
Stir and serve.
- 1½ oz Cointreau
- ½ lime juiced
- 3-4 oz seltzer
- Fill a glass with ice. Then add 1.5 oz of Cointreau, the juice of half a lime and top with seltzer. Stir and serve.
This cocktail is light and refreshing. The orange mixed with the lime was a real hit at our house.
I love ice cream, I love chocolate and I love bourbon. Yep, ice cream and bourbon. It is getting hot outside and the best way to beat the heat is a spiked milkshake. Milkshakes with liquor are awesome! I have created a new spiked milkshake that mimics the flavors of a cherry cordial. It is so good that you will not even know that there is alcohol in it. The key to this cocktail is Jim Beam’s Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon. It is super tasty. So this summer, beat the heat with the tastiest spiked milkshake around! The now imfamous, Chocolate Covered Cherry Spiked Milkshake.
Chocolate Covered Cherry Spiked Milkshake
Add 1 1/2 cups of ice cream, 3 oz of milk, 0.5 to 1 oz chocolate syrup (to taste), 2 maraschino cherries and 2 oz of Jim Beam Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon to a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and a cherry.
This recipe makes a large milkshake, but honestly you will not care. It will prevent you from having to make a couple small milkshakes. I could have had about 3 more of these, but unfortunately I figured that I did not need 6 shots of bourbon in me, Haha.
- 2½ cups vanilla ice cream
- 3 oz milk
- 2 oz Jim Beam Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon
- 0.5-1 oz chocolate syrup
- 3 maraschino cherries
- whipped cream
- Add 1½ cups of ice cream, 3 oz of milk, 0.5 to 1 oz chocolate syrup (to taste), 2 maraschino cherries and 2 oz of Jim Beam Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and a cherry.
Spiked Milkshake Tip
When making ice cream drinks the perfect ratio is 3:1. Three parts ice cream to one part liquid. In the case of the milkshake above, we are using 2 1/2 cups (~ 18 oz) of ice cream for 6 oz of liquid. The 3:1 ratio will always give you the perfect ice cream drink. Use it for regular milkshakes, spiked milkshakes or even daiquiris made with ice cream instead of ice.
My Father-In-Law Bill is a wine fanatic. When I told him that I needed a new drink for the blog he went right for Sangria. It is a light and refreshing wine based drink that is perfect for this summer weather that we are all having. Bill’s Sangria has a few twists which add to the uniqueness of it. In addition to wine he adds flavored seltzer, Cointreau and rum. Together it is awesome!
First you need to assemble the ingredients.
Next you need to slice the fruit. We sliced the lemons and oranges. Then we cubed the apple and peaches.
In a 2 liter jug or larger add the fruit.
Then pour in the wine, Cointreau, Rum, sugar and Seltzer.
Mix and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Serve and enjoy!
- 750 ml red table wine (dry)
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 1 oz Rum
- 2 tbs sugar
- ½ liter orange flavored seltzer
- 1 apple (cubed)
- 1 peach (cubed)
- 1 orange (halved and sliced)
- 1 lemon (halved and sliced)
- First you need to assemble the ingredients.
- Next you need to slice the fruit. We sliced the lemons and oranges. Then we cubed the apple and peaches.
- In a 2 liter jug or larger add the fruit.
- Then pour in the wine, Cointreau, Rum, sugar and Seltzer.
- Mix and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
I love Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon from Jim Beam. It is freaking delicious! I know what you are thinking, Red Stag tastes great as-is! There really is no need to mix this stuff at all. However, this stuff tastes so good that it screams to be mixed in a cocktail. I stumbled into this cocktail and it was pure heaven with a bit of heat. This is a must try Red Stag Cocktail Recipe!
Red Hot Stag featuring Red Stag Black Cherry
Pour the Red Stag Black Cherry, Mango Juice, Sour and Franks Red Hot into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish with a wedge and enjoy!
- 2 oz Red Stag Black Cherry by Jim Beam
- 2 oz Fresh Lemon Sour
- 2 oz Mango Juice
- 2-3 dashes of Franks Red Hot
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a wedge and enjoy!
Don’t be afraid to try this because of the hot sauce. It adds just a tad bit of zing but nothing too spicy. Actually it makes you think about the flavors. If you did not know about the hot sauce, you never would be able to pick it out.
Check out Red Stag Here.
This cocktail is named for the fact that if you have more than three of these you will be down and out. This is a smooth and delicious drink that is refreshing for the summer heat. You really can’t beat it for quick pick me up. Just be weary that one will bring you up and any more will bring you right back down.
Down and Out
Add vodka, midori, triple sec, grape juice and lemonade to a collins glass filled with ice.
Top off with lemon-lime soda.
- ¾ oz Vodka
- ¾ oz Midori
- ½ oz Triple Sec
- ½ oz Grape Juice
- ½ oz Lemonade
- ½ oz lemon-lime soda
- Add vodka, midori, triple sec, grape juice and lemonade to a collins glass filled with ice.
- Top off with lemon-lime soda.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Nothing says St. Patrick’s Day like a nice drink. This cocktail is amazing! Smooth, delicious and full of irish charm. Chocolate and Peppermint make this cocktail a great refined cocktail.
Peppermint Patty Cocktail
Rim your favorite stemmed glass with cocoa powder or colored sugar. To do this, lightly wet the edge of the glass then dip into your favorite rimming sugar or powder.
In a shaker full of ice add the creme de cocoa, peppermint schnapps and cream.
Shake and then strain into the glass.
Optionally serve with a piece of chocolate.
- ¾ oz Creme de Cocoa
- ¾ oz Peppermint Schnapps
- ¼ oz cream (heavy or coffee)
- Rim your favorite stemmed glass with cocoa powder or colored sugar. To do this, lightly wet the edge of the glass then dip into your favorite rimming sugar or powder.
- In a shaker full of ice add the creme de cocoa, peppermint schnapps and cream.
- Shake and then strain into the glass.
- Optionally serve with a piece of chocolate.
Looking for a great cocktail for Valentines Day! Well the grapesicle is it. Looks like wine but tastes like Kool-aid. This cocktail adds a sweet little flair to your night.
Fill a rocks glass with ice.
Mix together the vodka, simple syrup and grape juice.
Top with ginger ale and lightly stir.
This cocktail has a hint of sweetness but is still refreshing. A perfect cocktail to celebrate any occasion.
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 oz grape juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 6 oz ginger ale.
- Fill a rocks glass with ice.
- Mix together the vodka and grape juice.
- Top with ginger ale and lightly stir.
We have been on a huge orange soda kick over here at the RexBBQ/Savoryreviews.com headquarters. So we decided to make a cocktail with our favorite Orange Soda “Fanta”. This cocktail mixes a nice spiced rum with the sweet flavors of orange. This is a great cocktail for the summer! Hopefully by drinking this, the summer will come sooner!
Fill a rocks glass with ice. Add the spiced rum. Then add the orange juice. Stir.
Finally top off with Orange Soda. Any orange soda will work, but as the name suggests, I am partial to Fanta.
- 1.5 oz spiced rum (Captain Morgan)
- 2 oz orange juice
- 3 oz orange soda (Orange Fanta)
- Fill a rocks glass with ice. Add the spiced rum. Then add the orange juice. Stir.
- Finally top off with Orange Soda. Any orange soda will work, but as the name suggests, I am partial to Fanta.
I’m back with cocktails on a weekly basis. The new installment is called Thirsty Thursday. I will feature cocktails, wines and beers that I really enjoy! To start it off I am going to feature my favorite liquor, Bourbon! I love bourbon, so I wanted to feature it in my first drink back.
Busted Brown Cocktail
This drink is based off the popular pre-prohibition era Buster Brown Cocktail. While this is loosly based on it, it has a more mellow flavor. Plus, it uses simpler ingredients that are more easily sourced without having to go to the store.
In a shaker full of ice, mix the bourbon, lemonade and orange bitters. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
Strain into a rocks glass full of ice. Then top with lemon-lime soda.
Lightly stir and serve with an orange garnish.
- 1½ oz Bourbon
- 1½ oz lemonade
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 3-4 oz lemon-lime soda
- Orange Slice, for garnish
- In a shaker full of ice, mix the bourbon, lemonade and orange bitters. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain into a rocks glass full of ice. Then top with lemon-lime soda.
- Lightly stir and serve with an orange garnish.
This drink is delicious. The hint of orange bitters is magnified by a garnish of orange.