Awesome Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt I often use a half teaspoon, but I like more salt in my baked goods
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In the bowl of you mixer add the softened butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients until light and fluffy.
In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
Set the mixer to low and slowly add the flour mixture to the whipped butter.
Then add the oats and mix.
Finally add the chocolate chips and mix.
Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
Portion the dough into 1tbs portions and space them about 2 inches apart. Bake them for 10-12 minutes or until they are lightly browned around the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheet.
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen - http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2009/02/thick-chewy-oatmeal-raisin-cookies/