I love buffalo wings. As can be seen from the Wingtacular, Best Buffalo Sauce and the red stain on my shirt. So I have decided to list the best buffalo wings in the DC area. This list is not totally complete as I haven’t had every single hot wing from every single restaurant, but it is rather thorough. Feel free to chime in with your favorites. If I haven’t been there I will look it up and try them out. They might cause the list to change up.
Requirements for a great hotwing:
- Nice juicy wing
- The wing has to have meat, some places serve the tiniest wings that literally have no meat on them. (They are not on this list, you know who you are).
- The wing sauce has to be spicy, but flavorful. Some sauces are hot, but there is no flavor to the wing. All you get is spice. On the other hand there are places that have smokey and sweet sauces but absolutely no spice. There has to be delicate balance.
- The wings have to be affordable. I don’t want to pay $20 for 10 wings. That is absurd. Chicken wings are cheap to purchase and unless the sauce has gold dust in it, I am not paying that much for a wing.
Click below to see the list
1. Capital Lounge – These wings are amazing and affordable. The sauce is spicy and awesome.
- $0.25 wings on Tuesdays plus dollar off beers during happy hour.
- 231 Pennsylvania Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20003
2. Hard Time Cafe’ – These wings are grilled and smothered with a nice spicy sauce. While not the traditional fried wings, these are awesome.
- At $8.95 these wings are little pricey but well worth it.
- Hard Time Cafe is located all over the DC area so check the link for a location near you.
3. The Exchange – I buy these wings by the pound. Usually two. The sauce has good flavor and plenty of heat. This place is my Softball bar and they offer specials throughout the week. Check out their website for details.
- $8.49 a lb but worth it. – Check out their website for specials.
- 1719 G Street NW, Washington, DC 20006
4. Kelly’s Irish Times – Excellent wings! Every other time that I got to Irish Times they have $0.50 wings. I only go on Saturdays for the $15 all you can drink Miller Lite. It is a crap shoot if you will get wings or not. I suggest calling ahead.
- 14 F Street NW, Washington, DC 20001
5. Bottom Line – They have great beer and great wings. On Saturday’s they have $3.50 baskets of wings. While the size of the wings is smaller, the sauce and the price makes up for it.
- 1716 I St NW, Washington, DC 20006
- Wing Zone – Alexandria
- Crystal City Sports Pub – Crystal City
- Bailey’s Pub – Ballston
- Murphy’s Pub – Alexandria