A great chili that includes beef, sausage, black beans and corn. Delicious!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound hot pork sausage
- Salt and pepper to season meat
- 2 red onions chopped
- 2 green peppers seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapenos seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 12 ounces dark beer
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of frozen or canned corn
- 1 can beef broth low sodium
In a large saute pan, add the meat along with salt, pepper and garlic. Start to brown the meat.
About halfway through the browning process, add the onions, green peppers and jalapenos to the pan to sweat them out a bit.
Once the meat is browned and the veggies are softened, add it all to a crock pot along with the diced tomatoes (juice and all), tomato paste, beans, corn, cumin, chili powder, and paprika.
Then add the beer. Finally add the beef stock until the liquid just covers the mixture.
Give it a good mix and set it on low for 6-8 hours.
Make sure to have some diced onions and jalapenos to top, as well as cheese and sour cream.
If you like it spicy, I add about a 1/2 cup of Sriracha to the mix, but if you’re serving a crowd I usually forgo this and just have it available to add individually.